The English College, Dubai is an established, co-educational secondary school that opened in 1992. We offer a curriculum that addresses the National Curriculum of England with courses leading to GCSE and GCE A level examinations.
Our exceptional teachers, motivated students and highly supportive parent body create a vibrant learning community that works together to achieve results far above those expected. Our dedicated, UK qualified staff create innovative lessons and maintain high standards, enabling our students to achieve 97% A*-C at GCSE and 81% A*-C at A Level last academic year.
Currently 670 students with an increasing roll, our student body is both international and dynamic. This creates a vibrant learning environment with diversity and tolerance at its core. Students maintain strong links with The English College long after leaving and our links with the local community are clear.
The English College, Dubai has a well-established pastoral system and a strong academic tradition. Our teachers form an integral part of maintaining our high standards. The governance of the school is undertaken by LVS Ascot in the UK, whose patron is HM The Queen. They support The English College in developing innovative, inclusive provision for our students and plans for expansion and further development are a foremost priority for the College. As such, we are seeking applicants for teaching positions at the College, for the academic year 2017-18.
Successful applicants will:
- Be enthusiastic, talented and dedicated practitioners with excellent subject knowledge
- Hold PGCE or equivalent teaching qualifications from the UK
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience teaching to A level and have QTS
- Be able to provide a UK enhanced DBS or equivalent police check
- Be professional in appearance and conduct
- Be willing to contribute to the wider curriculum and support the vision of the College
Our remuneration package includes:
- Tax free salary
- Furnished accommodation in a central Dubai location
- Medical insurance
- Annual flight allowance
- Baggage allowance for initial relocation
- Tuition fees for up to two children
- Visa costs
- End of service gratuity in line with UAE Labour Law.
Vacancies for August 2018
If you are a qualified teacher with knowledge of the British Curriculum and excellent communication skills, please submit your CV with the title ‘Supply Teacher’ to email@example.com for consideration. Please ensure that you provide contact details for at least two referees on your CV.
Non teaching Vacancies
Learning Support Assistants
English College Dubai is seeking for ‘Learning Support Assistants’ to work with students in the Enhanced Studies Department.
We are looking for enthusiastic and effective people with an ability to adapt and cope with change to complement our team. The successful candidates will provide support to students with a range of SEND needs and will be fully committed to Inclusion in the College. This would involve in class and withdrawal support for students with SEND, liaising with class teachers, running a break time activity and contributing to the team meetings and developmental of the vision of Inclusion within the College.
Applicants must have a sound knowledge with a minimum of a GCSE C grade in English and Maths or equivalent. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop, particularly for those wishing to pursue a career in teaching.
In return, we offer:
- On-going CPD
- A supportive network
- Enthusiastic teaching staff
- Community feel in the College
All posts are subject to completion of a literacy test, a successful interview and a good conduct certificate from the police.
In order to apply please submit your CV with the title ‘Learning Support Assistants’ to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please ensure that you provide contact details for at least two referees on your CV.
Closing date: 20th May 2018
Science Lab Technician
The Lab Technician is responsible for ensuring the day to day operations, events and activities within the science department run smoothly. Working closely with teaching staff to ensure they have everything they need in order to deliver lessons and assist in research activities within the Science Department.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Work with all teaching staff to ensure the smooth day to day running of the department
- Provide full technical support and ensure all materials are readily available in order for teachers to deliver lessons
- Prepare materials in advance for delivery of lessons
- Assisting with lesson and science event planning and preparation
- Be available for technical support during lessons
- Maintaining stock records and order additional supplies as and when needed
- Cataloguing and maintaining up to date records of all supplies
- Provide assistance and recommendations around department budgets
- Manage maintenance of equipment
- The organisation of storage of all equipment in the Science faculty.
Must have a Science related degree
In order to apply please submit your CV with the title ‘Science Lab Technician’ to email@example.com for consideration. Please ensure that you provide contact details for at least two referees on your CV.