The English College, Dubai is an established, co-educational secondary school that opened in 1992. We offer a curriculum that addresses the National Curriculum of England with courses leading to GCSE and GCE A level examinations.
Our exceptional teachers, motivated students and highly supportive parent body create a vibrant learning community that works together to achieve results far above those expected. Our dedicated, UK qualified staff create innovative lessons and maintain high standards, enabling our students to achieve 97% A*-C at GCSE and 79% A*-C at A Level last academic year.
Currently 670 students with an increasing roll, our student body is both international and dynamic. This creates a vibrant learning environment with diversity and tolerance at its core. Students maintain strong links with The English College long after leaving and our links with the local community are clear.
The English College, Dubai has a well-established pastoral system and a strong academic tradition. Our teachers form an integral part of maintaining our high standards. The governance of the school is undertaken by LVS Ascot in the UK, whose patron is HM The Queen. They support The English College in developing innovative, inclusive provision for our students and plans for expansion and further development are a foremost priority for the College. As such, we are seeking applicants for teaching positions at the College, for the academic year 2017-18. In addition, there may be some opportunities for Middle Leadership positions.
Successful applicants will:
- Be enthusiastic, talented and dedicated practitioners with excellent subject knowledge
- Hold PGCE or equivalent teaching qualifications from the UK
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience teaching to A level and have QTS
- Be able to provide a UK enhanced DBS or equivalent police check
- Be professional in appearance and conduct
- Be willing to contribute to the wider curriculum and support the vision of the College
Our remuneration package includes:
- Tax free salary
- Furnished accommodation in a central Dubai location
- Medical insurance
- Annual flight allowance
- Baggage allowance for initial relocation
- Tuition fees for up to two children
- Visa costs
- End of service gratuity in line with UAE Labour Law.
Non teaching Vacancies
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Art Technician to support a busy Art Department. A full job description can be downloaded below.
Candidates should have the following:
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of working in an Art environment.
- Fluent English
- Willingness to play a major role in the life of the department including day to day communication with both staff and students.
- Ability to lift and move sizable resources between studios and around the College
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- A recognized and relevant post school Art qualification.
- Experience of working in a school.
- Some familiarity with IT would be an advantage – Photoshop in particular
- Calm, organised and efficient, especially in meeting deadlines
- Reliable and punctual
- Co‐operative and able to work well as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to deal with suppliers and resolve simple problems in an efficient but amicable fashion.
- Self motivated and able to work effectively without close supervision.
- Willing to show initiative e.g. recognizing suitable resources, foreseeing possible problems
- Candidates should be on their Spouse or Parents’ visa. The school will provide a Labour Card.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Art Technician’ clearly marked in the subject field.