At EC our pastoral care is strengthened through our house system. Our four houses are: Hawk, Eagle, Kestrel and Falcon. Our house names have been chosen carefully to reflect the highflying birds seen around the UAE. Each house consists of students from all year groups, from year 7 through to year 13.
Our house system is an integral and vibrant part of the college culture.
Students wear coloured lanyards belonging to their house thus strengthening a house community within EC.
House points are awarded to students for a variety of reasons
- for class or homework that is of a standard higher than the student normally produces
- for helpfulness, for example, helping a new student settle in
- participation and achievement in sporting activities, team sports, galas and inter-house matches
- by demonstrating their musical, artistic or creative ability
- contributing to the happiness of the EC community